Geotechnical Professionals Inc. (GPI) is a full-service geotechnical consulting and testing firm offering services for commercial developments, institutional projects, and public work projects. GPI was founded in 1989, and since then has provided geotechnical services for over 2,000 projects, including some of the largest commercial developments and public works projects in Southern California. The firm has experienced steady but controlled growth, based on repeat business and referrals from satisfied clients. A key factor in the high degree of client satisfaction is the hands-on involvement of experienced Principals or Associates of the firm in day-to-day project activities. All projects are managed by a Principal or Associate of the firm, each with over 20 years of broad experience in geotechnical consulting practice.
Our business model is based on providing sound, cost-effective geotechnical recommendations with responsiveness that our clients expect.
Primary areas of expertise include the following:
- Comprehensive, state-of-the art foundation evaluations and performance monitoring for settlement-sensitive structures such as office buildings, bridges, power plants, and dam structures
- Evaluation of earthquake-related hazards, including strong motion, ground rupture due to faulting, liquefaction, seismic settlement, and lateral spreading
- Evaluation of long-term settlement and stability of deep fills
- Evaluation of slope stability and mitigation of slope hazards
- Development of earthwork criteria for major grading projects
- Soft ground stabilization
- Design of dewatering systems including permanent drainage systems under structures